8.11.2016

elephant's trumpet



pants c/o THE ELEPHANT PANTS

I live in suburban Northern California. I've never seen an elephant in the wild, and I've also never seen an elephant thats not stuffed in a tiny enclosure,  being dragged along by a chain, or made to participate in a group activity. I don't like doing those, and I know the elephants don't either. Unfortunately, thats the only contact most of us have had with them. Their captivity in circuses and tiny zoos is a human manipulation often masked as "conservation', which is basically us putting a band-aid on a problem we created. Elephants are being poached left and right. In some fairly recent numbers, "left and right" meant every 15 minutes.

The Elephant Pant company is working to change those numbers to something nicer, like maybe someone observing an elephant in a positive non-abusive environment every 15 minutes, something you can do at the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai, Thailand. It's a rehabilitation centre whose entire herd is made up of rescued and "retired" elephants, and also one of The Elephant Pants' beneficiaries. Tomorrow, August 12th, for their World Elephant Day Sale, they'll be donating 10% of their profits directly to the park. That'll buy a lot of plantains.

As for the pants themselves: I'd appreciate if everyone stopped making fun of me for wearing them so often. They're REALLY comfortable and have POCKETS okay. You'd do the same thing if you had some. (Which you could.) 

(But get them tomorrow)
(So the elephant park gets toys)

x Justina  



follow A Bent Piece Of Wire on twitter|facebook|bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what I want to hear. Or what you want to say.

Just remember:

If you're mean, I'll track you down and replace all your shoes with those hideous white tennis things that are so popular among the very sad.